Thursday, May 28, 2009

In the wee small hours ...

Over the last few weeks I've gotten into the weird habit of putting on an album as I go to bed every night. Not sure how this got started, originally it was just one song to send me to sleepyland, then all of a sudden I started playing Any Other City by Life Without Building in its entirety every night after I'd put out the lights. For some reason I wanted to listen to a sexy brittish voice cooing suggestive non-sequiters to me over a bed warm and gooey post-punk grooves as I drifted off. The thing is, I rarely made it past 'The Leanover' before conking out, so it's not like I was even getting to enjoy the full album experience. This lasted for about a week or so, but then I started to branch out, mainly into dronier stuff like Yo La Tengo and My Bloody Valentine. Last night I was in an odd mood, and threw on Bonnie Billy's I See A Darkness. After a few songs I was wandering in and out of conciousness, but snapped back right at the conclusion of 'Black', just in time for 'Raining In Darling,' which ended my night on a near-perfect note. The habit is starting to spill over, though. Woke to my alarm at 9 this morning and decided to lay in bed for a few minutes as I didn't have any obligations until 11:30. Put on Vivian Girls for no apparent reason, heard the opening strains of 'All the Time' and immediately passed out for another 45 minutes. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment