Saturday, January 31, 2009

Behind the times

As normally happens, I don't here many of the best songs from a given year until after the year has passed. Hence, my year end best lists are often woefully incomplete. I spent much of my best of 2008 list bemoaning the lack of truly great tracks from the year in question. Well, in the last month I've hear a lot of truly great tracks from '08. Here's a list, in no particular order, of some of the stuff I slept on initially, but now rocks my socks off:

Here Should Be My Home - No Age
Across Shields - Torche
L.E.S. Artistes - Santogold
Skinny Love - Bon Iver
Fatalist Palmistry - WHY?
Dancing Choose - TV on the Radio
Crooked Head - Fucked Up
Beg Waves - Ponytail
Where Do You Run? - Vivian Girls
Love Lockdown - Kanye West

So 2008, maybe not so bad for singles. Well, still bad for hip-hop singles at any rate.

Here's another installment in my sick music videos that you need to watch right now series:

No comments:

Post a Comment